About the The Audacious Babe...
Hi there, I’m Magdalena and welcome to the The Audacious Babe. I’m so happy that you are here and you’ve found your calling to create an amazing life by following your dreams and passions. Hell yeah!!
But before we dive in, can I offer you a nice cool G&T or a glass of Red? Having a G&T whilst being out with friends, enjoying a lovely meal and having a laugh is my favourite way to live life in full colour.
If you’ve made it here you are most likely a super-female photographer with a passion but who wants more out of life. You are either wanting to start a photography business but simply don’t know where to begin. Or you are already in full swing, but just need a little bit of inspiration to help you grow and take your business to the next level. Or maybe you just came here to hang out, meet other audacious women and no longer feel like you are on your own, walking this walk alone.
As a wedding photographer and mum to my fur-baby George, my mission is to empower, help and inspire passion-driven female photographers around the world to live more meaningful lives and profit from showing up for their dreams and making them a reality.
That’s why I’ve created the The Audacious Babe – an online community of bold, fearless and adventurous female photographers, who have a burning desire to live meaningful and incredibly passionate lives. It’s like having a cheerleading support squad by your side every single day, who will empower, inspire and help you grow a business that you simply love.
I believe the world needs more self-loving, whole-hearted creative GirlBosses and SuperWomen with a passion for running successful photography businesses. I also believe in sharing the #communitynotcompetition movement with like-minded babes.
“Love yourself first and everything else falls in line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world” ~ Lucielle Bell
Nowadays I am a lifetime member of the Self-Love Club and since joining, my life has been turned upside down. I love the freedom that I get by being my own boss and creating a passion-driven life. It has not always been like this though. It’s been a long winding journey for sure. BUT I wouldn’t change one beautiful thing from this epic experience of life for one single second. It has made me who I am today – a daring female photographer who put herself out there and has been running a successful wedding photography business for over 4 years now. Before that, in a former career life, I’ve been a member of the self-doubt and self-hate society working a 9 to 5 in advertising and marketing. I’ve worked with big market players like Ford Automotive and Procter & Gamble, to name a few, but those were the most struggling years of my life. Since becoming by own boss, I’ve learned how to breathe, how to live meaningful (to me) and I’ve accepted who I am – body, mind & soul! I rise (& shine – see what I did there?!) every day to show up for my dreams and continue to live the life of my own making.
And that’s why I strongly believe that every single female photographer should feel empowered to live their dream. Empowered women, empower women. OH YES! This shit just got real!
Some fun and colourful facts about me
- I’m a notorious travel freak. I simply LOVE the adventure when you travel. Meeting the people, experiencing the cultures and being fully immersed in this colourful world. I’m not even close to being done exploring what this beautiful life has to offer.
- I’m a cat-obsessed coffee drinker. Dramatic pause. Yes I am. My fur-baby George is my house companion and my friend – not my only one, I promise. I’m not a crazy cat lady…not always at least. And the fact that I’m drinking coffee, well that is kind of obvious! Coffee is just awesome! 😉
- For whatever reason I have a thing for all things pineapples. Not only the fruit itself, but also things like stationery, prints, pen holders, jewellery and so on… you get the idea. It took every single bone in my body not to have the pineapple in my branding for the The Audacious Babe – even though it has made it into my podcast artwork design after all haha… ups. #sorrybutnotsorry
- I believe life should be easy and effortless. Not saying that you won’t work your sweet butt off for your dreams and ideas, (hell yeah!) but it should come from a place of self-love, passion, of creativity and pure magic that it feeeelsss effortless and easy.
- I’m a single, independent, living alone, fur-baby loving, 30 something female. This used to be my pet peeve as society labels me as a “shockingly-alone-I-can’t-believe-she-is-not-married”, cat-crazy lady. Do I care anymore? Nope! Nowadays these are facts that make me stronger and actually guide me to being bold, fearless and hopefully audacious myself. Having somewhat learned the hard way (haven’t we all?) I now show up for my dreams and live that meaningful and empowered life I’ve always known I’ve had in me.
“People often ask me ‘Why haven’t you found a husband for yourself?’ I respond ‘I’m too busy creating myself” ~ IISuperwomanII aka Lily Singh
- There is always a reason to laugh out loud, to have a party and to celebrate – your successes and YES also your so-called “failures” – as actually, there are NO failures. Each one is just an experience that will move you forward, empower you and make you the strong, bold and AUDACIOUSly beautiful person that I know you are, babe!
“Here is to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.” ~ Unknown
Magdalena Mahdy is an international award winning wedding photographer living in a small coastal town called Leigh-on-sea in Essex, UK. Born and raised in Germany, Magdalena relocated to the UK in 2011 in the search for a new challenge; starting her own wedding photography business. After completing her Bachelor (BSc) in International Business Economics with a major in Marketing and a minor in Finance at the Universiteit in Maastricht, Netherlands in 2008 and working in the industry for over 6 years, Magdalena felt it was time for a change. Her passion for photography accompanied her entire life, and simply took over in 2013 when she decided to setup and run her own business. Since then with the help of her popular documentary approach and her outgoing personality she has now photographed nearly 100 weddings and has won international wedding photography awards. She has since also worked and helped hundreds of students at the University of Essex on their Startup journey as a Business Mentor and has now started to create an educational space for bold, fearless and audacious female photographers by sharing business and mindset advice on THE AUDACIOUS BABE PODCAST as well as by writing non-fiction books and creating online courses. She truly enjoys and loves to help and share her knowledge with her audacious audience.